Board - Small Cut Out Handle
Made from a Guatemalan hardwood, this small cutting board will become a staple in any kitchen or home bar.
- Carved from solid caro caro wood
- Crafted in Antigua, Guatemala by cooperative group Artesanos de San Pedro
- Size 16.25 inches by 10 inches
- Organic design for a easy, natural grip on handle
- Wooden cutting boards get more beautiful with each use. The oils from foods and hands will help season the board. From cutting, soap or over soaking, you may notice the fibers of the wood lifting. To smooth, use fine grit sandpaper then oil your board with food safe wood oil.
Who made this product? In a small town outside of Antigua, Guatemala, the Artesanos de San Pedro have created a workshop dedicated to the sustainable production of handcrafted cutting boards and wine stoppers.
Why is it ethical? The Artesanos de San Pedro gather recycled or sustainably sourced wood from the Smartwood Alliance in order to secure the future of the wildlife that surrounds their community.