Small Teardrop Butterfly Wing Necklace - Blue
Drop of life.
- Sterling silver teardrop pendant
- Size: 1 inch tall X 0.625 inch wide
- Made with real butterfly wings
- Variations are expected; no two are exactly alike
- 17.75 in. nonadjustable chain included
- Made by fair trade artisans in Lima, Peru
Who made this product? Silversmiths and butterfly harvesters are employed by Silver Tree Design, a fair trade company, to hand sculpt this beautiful jewelry.
Why is it ethical? Butterflies lay one to seven batches of eggs before the end of their life cycle. Harvesters count the days of each cycle; at the caterpillar stage they are released into the wild for natural course of the eco-system. Once the caterpillars are close to pupa stage, they are collected and placed in a sanctuary to transform into butterflies, lay eggs, and pass away. Once they have naturally departed, they are gathered and sold to Silver Tree Design and given to the silversmiths to create colorful jewelry from.